Join storytellers Ailie Finlay and Marie Louise Cochrane for a cosy session of sensory stories and songs. Sing along with your favourite songs and enjoy the tactile rhymes! Lots of fun for everyone, but particularly for children with additional needs.
This week’s story (Sat 6 June) will be The Pod of Beans.
Gather your props together, then we will tell the story together!
This week you will need:
- A tin, jar or Tupperware tub filled with a handful of rice or lentils. When you shake this it will rattle like the ‘pod of beans.’
- A squeaky toy if you have one, to ‘squeak’ like the mouse in the story.
- A pastry brush for the twitchy whiskers of the cat. (Gently brush the back of the listener’s hand.)
- Two plastic beakers, or something similar to bang together to make the ‘clip clop’ of the horse.
- A drum for the army. But if you don’t have a drum you could just bang a saucepan!
- A cup and teaspoon for the cup of tea at the end of the story.
For more fantastic resources for multi-sensory storytelling go to the Flotsam & Jetsam website here.